Northcal on Facebook
Northcal on TWITTER
Northcal on pinterest
Northcal on YouTube

North Cal Lumber Store

North Cal Wood Products & LEED

All North Cal reclaimed products can help a project earn points toward credits in LEED programs. Which credits is determined by the product and the project. North Cal wood products earn points toward credits:


MR 4.1 - 4.2 Recycled Content, 5% or 10%. As 100% post-consumer recycled products, NorthCal reclaimed wood products can significantly add to the recycled content percentage in project materials.  In the LEED New Construction
(NC) program, up to 2 points can be earned for reaching 5% or 10% of the total building materials costs.  An additional credit can be earned through Innovation in Design for projects exceeding 15%.


A North Cal Account Manager can offer guidance regarding our reclaimed wood products and LEED credits on a specific project.


LEED certification provides independent, third-party verification that a building, home or community was designed and
built using strategies aimed at achieving high performance in key areas of human and environmental health: sustainable site development, water savings, energy efficiency, materials selection and indoor environmental quality.


The LEED program is created by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) and administered through the Green Building Certificate Institute (GBCI). North Cal has been a USGBC member since 2003.